Hockey is a great family sport and parent coaches are wanted and welcomed! As a parent coach, you will be required to register with USA Hockey, attend a USA Hockey coaching seminar and complete an online age-specific module for each age level of play you are coaching. Patriot Hockey will be reimbursing all coaches for their USA hockey fee and clinic fees. Registration for these seminars are done directly through the USA Hockey website. Classes begin in August and below is the current schedule of clinics. There is a good chance that some Wisconsin classes will also be posted closer to September. These classes fill up quickly so register EARLY.
Please remember that volunteering as a parent coach, requires a certain amount of time dedicated to the kids. Patriots parent coaches are expected to reinforce the philosophies and strategies of the Patriot Hockey program as determined primarily by our professional staff.
· You will first need to register with USA Hockey as a coach.
· You will need attend a USA Hockey Coaching clinic, follow this link for Coaching Education Program Requirements
· Register here for the class that will work with your schedule.
· Patriot Hockey will be reimbursing assistant coaches for their USA Hockey fees as well as the clinic cost for the season. For reimbursement credit, please email receipts to email@example.com no later than 12/31/17. We will begin to issue refunds beginning October 1st.
· You will need to complete the online age-specific module by 12/31/16 as outlined on the USA Hockey website as well as the Safe-sport Module.
· Our organization will complete a background check on all volunteer coaches.